PRIVACY ACT 1988 DISCLOSURE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT
In this Statement, “Cash Direct” means Cash Direct Pty Ltd and its parent company St James Finance Corporation Pty Ltd (St James). Each Group company may perform a different role with respect to your loan. For example, Cash Direct may use the services of St James to assist with researching and securing your loan.
Information about you from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained (“your personal information”) will be collected by Cash Direct when you complete and submit an online application from this website. Cash Direct collects your personal information in order to consider your application for a loan and, if approved, to administer your loan contract. Cash Direct will use your personal information for this purpose, for the purpose of giving you information about other products or services Cash Direct can offer you such as Bad Credit repair and loans from third party credit providers. If you do not provide your personal information we may be unable to consider your application for a loan.
As part of our application and credit process, Cash Direct Pty Ltd (ACN: 129 259 605) (“Cash Direct”, “we”, “us”, “our “) will collect personal information about you (“Personal Information”) and can provide this personal information to Credit Reporting Bodies (“CRBs”) for the purposes of obtaining a credit report about you or to assist the CRBs to create or maintain a credit information file about you. You have the option not to identify yourself however if your Personal Information is not provided we will not be able to initiate our application and approval process to provide you a loan. Some of this information is required by the Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) and Counter-Terrorism Financing (“CTF”) Act 2006.
Any information you provide Cash Direct, either using the internet or by any other means, is only collected for purposes which are reasonably necessary for one or more of Cash Direct business functions or activities. These purposes may include the following:
- Complete a detailed application process
- Undertake analysis on our portfolio of loans from time to time
- Determine your overall credit worthiness and appropriate amount and terms for your loan
- Ensure we comply with regulatory and legal requirements
- Marketing: Unless you tell us not to, we will also use your Personal Information to keep you informed of offers and information regarding our services.
As part of your application process and our management of Cash Direct, we may need to exchange your Personal Information with third parties, including:
- Associated companies who provide supporting services to Cash Direct, including St James Finance Pty Ltd (ABN: 44 066 240 953) and its employees (“St James”)
- Credit Reporting Bodies (“CRBs”) and Loan Collection Bodies (“LCBs”) including Equifax Pty Ltd, Illion Australia Pty Ltd (Milton Graham) and other such companies that provide information about the credit worthiness of our loan applicants and help us make late or loan default collections on our behalf. This will include, using your information to confirm your identity, checking your information with the relevant Official Record Holder, obtain a detailed credit report about you, inform the CRBs that you have applied for a loan with us and your standing with us as a borrower. We may also disclose any failure by you in meeting your payment obligations, in relation to consumer credit in conjunction with the CRBs policies. It will also include LCBs making contact with you directly, on our behalf, to recover money owed to us.
- Referees included in your application, including your current or previous employers and landlords
- Government departments we may be required by law to disclose your Personal Information to our bank and payment system organisations
- Other credit providing institutions. This will include exchanging credit information that has any bearing on your credit worthiness, including whether we can approve you loan and when you have defaulted on your loan contract with us or the other credit providing institution
- Our insurance providers and other professional service organisations we engage, including legal firms, collection companies, accounting firms, tax advisors
- Your legal and financial advisors
- Systems support and administrative service providers located overseas with whom we take reasonable steps to ensure they comply with Australian privacy laws or we will seek your consent to the disclosure.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS CONSENT
Cash Direct may provide any or all information to you through electronic communication in accordance with the Electronic Transactions Act 1999 and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, including but not limited to:
- Credit contract documents or variations to a credit contract
- Notices and disclosure documents about your credit application such as a copy of your assessment or Credit Guide
- Any other notices or information required by law or from Cash Direct
- Paper based documents may no longer be given
- Electronic communications must be regularly checked for documents
- Consent to the giving of documents by electronic communication may be withdrawn at any time
- You authorise Cash Direct to act on instructions you send to them electronically
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Cash Direct takes all reasonable care to preserve the security of personal information collected or submitted to us both electronically and physically, in accordance with this document and further information provided on the Cash Direct website.
Cash Direct has an ongoing review process with respect to technology that improves or helps with security and storage of your information. As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure, Cash Direct cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or which is generated from our online products or services and you engage with us at your own risk.
HOW CAN I ACCESS MY INFORMATION?
In accordance with the AML and CTF Acts, you may access information that we hold about you at any time, by contacting us via the website or directly by email or phone.
You have the right to request a copy of your credit reporting information from CRBs; once a year; or if it relates to our refusal to provide you with credit; or you wish to correct information held on you.
You may request a credit reporting agency not to use your credit reporting information for the purposes of pre-screening or direct marketing by a credit provider or where you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud.
WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT ABOUT PRIVACY ISSUES?
For further information, visit our website at: www.cashdirect.com.au
Or contact us in the following ways:
Phone: 1300 264 941
Post: P.O.Box 4 Nedlands, WA 6909